News:

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Member Intro Thread  (Read 22522 times)

xargon

• View Profile
New Member Intro Thread
« on: January 15, 2017, 07:26:28 PM »
Hey everyone! Since this is an empty thread I'll just go ahead and post something :-)

My first exposure to astral stuff was through Robert Monroe's books some years ago, and after that I sort of dabbled with this and that. I've had a few astral experiences but most of them were pretty short and the last one was a long time ago now. Conscious astral exploration is something I have traditionally struggled with and overall I'd have to say I've gotten more interesting experiences/information from vivid dreams than I have from being conscious in the astral. I think I got into the mindset of trying to force things and the more I tried the less success I had.
This site has a nice feel to it, looking forward to learning lots.

Also looking forward to chatting with everyone here :-)

LPC

• Astral projector
    • View Profile
    • Do animals have souls?
Re: New Member Intro Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 12:16:11 AM »
Good to meet you, xargon! I'm the other way round to you. I have always projected from fully conscious via trance (using binaural tones) and somehow just can't manage to do lucid dreaming. When I go to sleep, I go to sleep...and that's it! I can't even remember my ordinary dreams. On the very rare occasions when I have remembered them, they are generally not very interesting.

I hear what you say about not forcing things. Trying too hard is the easiest way to stop successful projection. That's why I use deep trance via relaxation and binaural tones. It works for me, but of course every person is different.

Laniakea

• Dannehs Helpurr Kittei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »
Welcome Xargon!

Look forward to seeing you around  :)

LPC

• Astral projector
    • View Profile
    • Do animals have souls?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:27:08 AM »
Muldoon is nearly always overlooked nowadays as most don't even know about him so I promote him as much as I can lol. The best is always paying attention to my own experience though.

:)
I'm currently reading a book by Bruce Goldberg and he mentions Muldoon quite a lot. In AP, how long ago a writer had experiences doesn't really matter, LOL!  ;D

Meowpurpawna

• Jowie's Helpurr Kitty
  • Prrrrrrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 01:08:21 PM »
LOl yes I know! Truth is timeless.

What Bruce Goldberg book are you reading?

LPC

• Astral projector
    • View Profile
    • Do animals have souls?
New Member Intro Thread
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 08:12:47 AM »
Oh, I am so sorry that I didn't see your question before. I haven't logged into this forum for a long time (sorry, admin!)
I was reading "Astral Voyages". It looked interesting at first, but in places he seems to give a lot of background material plus his own opinions, which can make reading the book heavy going at times. I'm afraid that at times I skim-read chapters and even skipped bits.